James Cummings is a 1994 graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill and 2001 graduate of Campbell Law School.
Mr. Cummings graduated cum laude from Campbell Law School and was a member of the National Trial Team, Honor Court and the Order of Kivett.
Currently Mr. Cummings is a member of the Carteret County Bar, 3-B Bar N.C. Bar Association and North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Cummings also believes in giving back to his community. He is the Chairperson for the 2007 N.C. Seafood Festival and the President of the Brandt Animal Fund.
Mr. Cummings is married with two children and a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morehead City.
Areas of Practice
- 25% Traffic Offenses
- 50% Criminal Law
- 25% DWI
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 2001
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- J.D. cum laude - 2001
- Honors: Member, National Trial Team, Honor Court
- Honors: Order of Kivett
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Industrial Relations
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member, 2006 - Present
- North Carolina State Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Carteret County Bar Association, Member
- 3-B Bar N.C. Bar Association, Member
- Inn of Court, Member, 2005 - Present
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Judicial District Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Ward and Smith, P.A., Associate, 2001 - 2005
- Crowe and Cummings, P.A., 2006 - 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors, N.C. Seafood Festival, 2003 - Present
- Board of Directors, Brandt Animal Fund, 2007 - Present
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Delta Epsilon